Professional Hair Stylist and former owner of Posh Hair Studio, provided Austin, Texas with personal service and innovative hair designs by combining experience, extensive training and imagination to the art of hair design.
After deciding I wanted to move out of the big city, I visited Georgetown and fell in love with the town and the people, so I moved here in 2002. I worked part-time here for a while and still operated my salon in Austin. I'm glad to say that I have moved my Hairstyling services to Georgetown full-time at: D.J. BENNETT hair studio.
I have a great passion for the art of Hair Design. I love creating new looks for people and making new friends that the hairstyling profession brings. I attend many Hairstyling conventions and shows every year because fashions are ever-changing and there's always something new.
A few years ago I was fortunate enough to get to go to Paris and attend the Cosmoprof Hair Show. It was a great learning experience, even though I could not speak the language. If you would like to see some of the photos I took at that show you can click here. You never stop learning in this profession. It can be challenging, but it's a great blessing when your job is doing what you love.
No, I don't just walk around 24 hrs. a day with my scissors trying to cut everyone's hair. I'm not Edward Scissorhands! Although I did think the movie was pretty cool. Yes I do have other interests.
▪ Completed the State of Texas 1500 hr. course on Cosmetology at A&C College of Beauty in Austin, TX. and passed the state board examination.
▪ Completed the State of Texas 1500 hr. course on Barbering at Capital Barber College in Austin, TX. and passed the state board examination.
▪ Recognized as a "Style Innovator" in the nationally recognized MARKHAM Advanced Method of hair design.
▪ Certified for ROUX hair coloring system.
▪ Participated in the Carlos Valenzuela International Styling Symposium.
▪ Certified by a REDKEN Scientific School of Cosmetology.
▪ Attended specialized education from EUGE'NE de PARIS .
▪ Won 2nd place in the advanced haircutting category at the Texas Bi-Centennial competition.
▪ Won 1st place in the advanced haircutting category at CBC Texas competition.
I also used to make custom jewelry for my friends and clients for many years. Now when I'm not doing hair I spend a lot of time playing my guitar, writing and recording songs in my recording studio. I love all kinds of music but I write and play mainly Christian, Country, Blues, Bluegrass and some Pop songs. I enjoy collecting musical instruments also. For many years I played drums with a contemporary Christian band in Austin called "Tribute" of Crestview Baptist Church. I am also very much into photography. You can take a look at some of my work on my photography website.
I also love fishing, treasure hunting, woodturning, camping, photography, antiques, garage sales and many other things that you probably don't care to hear about!
Copyright © 2018 DJBENNETT hair studio - All Rights Reserved.